|Most current Version:
| v0.51c (Community Release)
Status: Your version is out of date.
Information: A new version is available - an update is recommended
Download Version v0.51c (Community Release)
Changelog to v0.51c (Community Release)
- Fixed a minor GUI drawing issue in the transfer window [dolphinX]
- Added sanity check for rare issue seen in crashdumps concerning SourceExchange responses
- Added sanity checks for some problems seen in crashdumps when sending responses
- Added sanity range check for preferences.ini only option: tcp obfuscation padding length
- Fixed small bug in the uploadthrottler [tHeWiZaRdOfDoS]
- Fixed a possible crash in the (minilib) UPnP implementation
- Fixed a bug which made the download list use the wrong text color in some cases, mostly noticed on special windows themes
- Added: Crash dump files are created in the 'config' directory. [thx tHeWiZaRdOfDoS]
- Fixed a flaw which caused too few randomness when generating a new ed2k userhash [godlaugh2007]
- Fixed showing of tooltips for multiple selected items in Server and Search window.
- Fixed sorting bug in File Name dialog.
- Fixed broken ED2K link and eMule Collection file registry functions for Win98/WinME/WinNT.
- Fixed a resizing bug with the main toolbar under Win98.
- Fixed a crash with deleting completed or shared files under Win98.
- Fixed bug with missing update for filter text on changing the language [JvA]
- (Win98) Fixed bug with default search file type setting
- Fixed bugs with file tooltips for Win98/Win2000.
- Fixed a problem with corrupt stored search results [George1]
- Fixed: It was possible to add eMule installation folder(s) to the shared files list when using the directory tree control in the Shared Files window.
- Fixed a bug with disk space statistics for newly added downloads [fox88]
- Fixed: Some Unicode strings where not stored correctly in meta data for part files.
- Fixed some possible Unicode issues in Kad search expressions.
- Fixed: Some Unicode strings where not stored correctly in search spam filter.
- Fixed: With certain code pages some Unicode characters where not stored correctly in *.met files [Borschtsch]
- Fixed: Some Unicode strings where not stored correctly in meta data for shared files.
- Fixed enablement of Start/Cancel button in Search Window for closed Kad searches.
- Fixed invisible gripper control in Transfer Window.
- Fixed standard Windows Property Sheet shortcuts in Options dialog.
- Fixed several unlikely to happen but theoretically though possibles crashes.
- AICH hashs work properly in all collection types now
- Fixed a small visual glitch in the tooltips of the webinterface
- Fixed a issue regarding eMule deceiding if to trust an AICH hash on files which have no verified AICH has [tHeWiZaRdOfDoS]
- Fixed minor issues with the exit commandline command and the multiple instances option [tHeWiZaRdOfDoS, leuk_he]
- Fixed a bug in handling part.met files which could cause corrupted parts if eMule paused the file due to insufficient diskspace
- fixed minor memleak in kad keyword storing [tHeWiZaRdOfDoS]
- Fixed a bug which caused the "Add files to download in paused mode" otpion to not work properly in all cases
- Fixed a visual glitch on taksbar notifiers when using the Aero theme [gureedo]
- Fixed a problem with the sharedfiles list when deleting a shared files [dolphinX]
- Fixed minor possible memory/ressource leak in the archive recovery and ipfilter [dolphinX]
- Fixed possible problem when wrong incoming directory due to categories in certain cases [dolphinX]
- Fixed a bug in Kad which would not enforce the search tolerance in certain cases
- Fixed missing setting saving after automatic adapting incoming folders of categories due to changed main incoming folder
- Fixed a bug with overwriting the nodes.dat on times we actually don't want to write it [Nissenice]
- The shared files list now shows files in root directories properly [dolphinX]
- Fixed a bug with determining if the filesystem can handle large files when using categories [dolphinX]
- Fixed minor memleak on kad searches [tHeWiZaRdOfDoS]
- Fixed possible resource leaks in ZIP file decompression [tHeWiZaRdOfDoS]
- Fixed sorting bug in Shared Files window [moloko+]
- Fixed bug with downloading files via the built-in webserver [Stulle]
- Fixed double/single click behaviour in search results window [tHeWiZaRdOfDoS]
- Fixed bug in user hash validation [ilmira]
- Fixed bug with space characters in ED2K URLs [moloko+]
- Fixed a bug which made search tabs in certain cases invisible after you closed one
- Fixed a bug in Kad with setting the proper searchkeywords when searching for exact phrases with quotes
- Fixed a bug with rearranging quoted keywords on kad searches
- Fixed minimize to tray after display scaling change
- After initial bootstrap KAD contacts list stopped updating (regression)
- Fixed: hide sources on download rename or name cleanup (issue reported by Enig123)
- IRC socket could falsely log errors while waiting for data (thanks to Enig123)
- Fixed: file rename should update ED2K link in Details pages (reported by Riso64Bit)
- Fixed: regression in TaskBarNotifier
- Fixed crash in Add sources dialog and a minor visual issue
- Fixed IRC channel tabs vertical resizin
- Added GUI name references to some more Kad queries [tHeWiZaRdOfDoS]
- Resolve shared shell links has now its own option in the extend dialog instead beeing a preferences.ini only option
- Added the preferences.ini only option "FileBufferTimeLimit" ("eMule" section) which lets you set the maximum seconds before flushing the buffer of downloading files (default 60)
- When another client requests to view your shared files and directories (and you allow it), eMule will now attach only the directory names (or relative paths if it is a shared subdir) instead the full path for privacy reasons
- On a fresh eMule installation, several less important list columns are now hidden by default to avoid overloading the interface
- Slightly increased the max. button size of the maintoolbar
- You can no longer share single files within unshareable directories (like your temp dir)
- Dates shown in the download list have their own time format setting ("DateTimeFormat4Lists" in preferences.ini) which is by default more compact than the old one
- Added a column to the download list which shows the date when the download was started
- Kad routing query contacts are checked against the routing table
- Kad no longer allows more than 2 IPs from the same subnet within one routing query reply (except on LANs)
- The Kad UDP firewalltest now asks several clients for its external port, avoiding to get a wrong "Open" state on NATs which change the source port on each request but behave like a Full-Cone otherwise
- Kad now rechecks incoming search results against the filters used for a search and drops all results which fail (which should only happen for buggy clients and spam results)
- Some data (like the AICH hashset, statistics, metadata etc) from known/downloaded files which were not shared within the last month now gets purged to save ressources and avoid an unlimited growth of the known.met files
- If you want to avoid this purging for some reason you can put "PartiallyPurgeOldKnownFiles=0" in the "eMule" section of your preferences.ini
- When sorting lists for file types, eMule now further sorts by extension when the filetype is the equal
- On simple search queries Kad now rearrenges the used keywords itself and uses the longest keyword to determine which node to ask. This reduces the search load on common used keyword nodes like "and", makes such keyword a less viable target to attackers and allows users to do a search which begina with a short keyword like "An eMule"
- Kad file/source search answers now try to avoid using fragmented packets, making it more compatible to zealous firewalls routers which block those (effect increases as more nodes update to this version)
- The Webinterface port can now also be forwarded by UPnP (Options->Webinterface)
- The UPnP mappings are checked and refreshed if needed before Kad firewallchecks, after waking up from suspend and on smart lowid detection when connecting to servers
- The allowed comment size has been increased to 128 characters
- Added support for Windows 'Address Space Layout Randomization' security feature (Windows Vista)
- Made sure a received Kad routing answer doesn't contain more contacts than requested [Xin Sun]
- Added support for Windows 'Exception Handling Protection' security feature (Windows XP SP2 / Windows Vista)
- Added showing of watermark images to listviews (see "LvBkImg" entries in "Template.eMuleSkin.ini")
- Unified drawing of multiple selected items in all listviews.
- Several optimizations in listview drawing.
- Added drag image for files in Transfers window (used when dragging selected items onto a category tab).
- Added label tips for partially visible sub items in all list views.
- Added default sort orders to list views in Transfers window.
- Added list view search functions for sub items.
- Added support for DVR-MS files to "Content" page of File Details dialog and published meta data.
- Added reading of meta data for WAV files to "Content" page of File Details dialog.
- Added publishing of ED2K specific meta data for WAV and WMA files.
- Added columns for ED2K meta data to Shared Files window.
- Added reading of meta data for Windows Media files to "Content" page of File Details dialog.
- Added yet another method to determine whether the MediaInfo library is installed.
- Added support for multi-user configurations for Win9X/WinME/WinNT (requires at least IE5).
- Added new browse file/directory buttons to property pages in Options dialog.
- Fixed some redrawing/resizing problems and reduced flickering in several main eMule windows.
- Removed the "Search with Unicode" search option - searches are always with Unicode.
- Removed support for *.met file backward compatibility with non-Unicode eMule versions.
- Removed support for the "SetSystemACP" setting in preferences.ini.
- Added support for detecting if the MediaInfo library (http://mediainfo.sourceforge.net/) is installed on the system and automatically using it within the "Content" page for part/shared files.
- Updated Kad Unicode mapping table for supporting current Unicode standard used by Vista.
- Added a NT-volume info cache to speed up handling of shared directories on non-fixed drives.
- Changed location for "downloads.txt" to eMule-config folder.
- Added sorting of entries in "Shared Directories" and "Incoming Files" section of "Shared Files" tree view.
- Added showing of the parent folder for entries in "Shared Directories" and "Incoming Files" section of "Shared Files" tree view.
- Added showing of 'not connected' shared directories to "Shared Directories" and "Incoming Files" section of "Shared Files" tree view.
- Added keeping of shared directories which are 'not connected' when starting eMule.
- Added populating of a warning icon overlay to "Shared Directories" and "Incoming Files" section of "Shared Files" tree view to indicate that there is at least one directory in that folder which is 'not connected'.
- Added verifying of the 'connected' state for all shared directories when updating the "Shared Files" tree view by using the 'Reload' button.
- Removed restrictions for sharing drives 'A:' and 'B:'.
- Added preferences.ini-only option "ExtraPreviewWithMenu" (eMule section) which makes eMule put the "Preview with" command into the root context menu rather than into the preview menu (only applies to extended controls with multiple preview programs set)
- Added "Open preferences.ini" button to the extended options. Remember that you have to close eMule _before_ saving any changes if you want to edit any not preferences.ini-only settings
- The Beta versioncheck will now point to a seperate website instead the standard versioncheck (which doesn't works for betas)
- Update MiniUPnPlib to the latest version
- Updated libpng to the latest version
- The archive preview tab has now a context menu to update the contents as replacement for the "Update" button
- eMule now selects the default color of the system icon tray speedbar depending on the color of your taskbar icon area, to avoid show a dark/bright bar on a dark/bright background
- Active searches are now automatically shown in the new Kad graph by default and eMule remembers the setting (can be siwtched in the contextmenu of the graph)
- The number of maximal open upload slots has been decreased to 100
- The connection wizzard is no longer shown after finishing the first start wizzard (it's deprecated)
- The first start wizzard is only shown on first starts and no longer after updates
- Added "Automatically show active searches" option to the context menu of the new graph which lets it switch to active lookups automatically (instead having to select it in the list). Now you can watch Kad working for hours without a click! :)
- The context menu in of the downloadlist allows now directly assign a file to a new category (instead of having to create it separately first)
- The "Unassign" category context menu entry is now only available if a file actually has a category
- Added a quick intermediate fix to make certain Kad lookups more reliable, improving the (search/source-) results in some cases [based on research from http://www-users.cs.umn.edu/~hopper/kad.pdf]
- AICH verification is enabled when using an ed2k link with included AICH hash, or when searching and downloading a file from Kad when certain requirements are met (this will only start to work once the majority of nodes update)
- The AICH hash can be seen in the search results list for kad searches if available
- ed2k links can no longer be created without the AICH Hash, except if it is not available. ed2k links without AICH hash are considered deprecated, but are still accepted by eMule for now
- Added preferences.ini-only option "KeepUnavailableFixedSharedDirs" ("eMule"-Section) which lets eMule keep shared directories on fixed drives even if they are not found anymore
- Added preferences.ini-only option "ForceSpeedsToKB" ("eMule"-Section), which will make eMule display all speed values in KB/s (instead of B/s to TB/s depending on the speed)
- The statistics page on in the shared files dialog also has the following new entries: Popularity rank (ranking all your shared files based on Requests), On Queue (clients on queue for the selected file) and Uploading (current bandwidth used to upload the selected file)
- The new tabs in the shared files dialog can be closed or restored by an arrow button on the right side
- Cleand up options dialog a bit: The following settings have been removed and are now preferences.ini-only: "BeepOnError", "DontRecreateStatGraphsOnResize", "UpdateQueueListPref", "MessageFromValidSourcesOnly" (Section "eMule") and "EnabledDeprecated" (section "PeerCache")
- The exit conformation messagebox has now a "Don't ask me again" option
- Added "Pause on when preview possible" option to the downloadlist context menu. Only visible when "advanced mode controls" is enabled
- Improved storing AICH hashsets after a download has finished - should be much faster now if you share many files
- Sparse files are available on Windows7 again, Vista stays the only version were they are disabled
- Added basic checks and user warnings for wrong operator usage (like using OR on the first keyword) in Kad. Earlier version just delivered wrong/incomplete results in such cases.
- Kad1 is no longer supported and we will no longer answer or request any packets from Kad1 nodes (the last eMule Kad1 version was release about 4 years ago)
- Replaced the (defunct) Filedonkey search option with the ContentDB
- Updated used libraries, like miniupnpc making UPnP compatible with more devices
- Optimized internal handling of the AICH hashes
- More reliable start of upload to slow peers.
- IRC module got UTF-8 support and many other useful changes
- Mediainfo.dll up to the version 18.05.* can be used for getting extended media data.
- Updated socket code (AsyncSocketEx) should decrease CPU load
- Version check, contendb and online help queries will use HTTPS
- Removed deprecated MobileMule code
- KAD massive flooders will be removed from the routing zone
- Keep uploading when max size or time were reached, but free slots were available
- When corrupted part.met files are detected, eMule now automatically tries to use the part.met.bak files instead
- You can now also share single file and directories by Drag&Drop - simply drag them from (for example) the Windows Explorer into your Shared Files list
- You can now share and unshare single files in the shared files window by chking/unchecking the files in the "All directories" tree. Downloading files and files in the incoming directory cannot be unshared
- Added support for Windows 'Heap Corruption Detection' security feature (Windows Vista)
- Added support for preview the content of ISO files. (file details->content)
- Added support for Windows 'Data Execution Prevention' security feature (Windows XP SP2 / Windows Vista)
- Added auto-sizezing of column widths to all list views (double clicking on column divider will size the column width appropriatly)
- Added Options->Extended->Resolve shell links which lets eMule share 'linked' files (Windows Explorer shortcuts). This way one can also share single files within unshared directories.
- Added support for previewing self extracting RAR archives.
- Added: Downloaded files are marked in the same way as by 'Internet Explorer' which leads to showing a warning message from 'Windows' when opening potential malicious files (for Windows XP SP2 or later).
- Added: Opening DRM protected files shows a warning message to prevent accidental opening of a web browser and navigating to malicious sites.
- Added new ed2k link type: "ed2k://|search|[searchterm]|/" makes eMule start a search for the specified searchterm. Plugin for webbrowsers which make use of this will follow later
- Windows 7: Added global progress bar in the eMule taskbar button, progress colors: green when downloading, red when a download is errorous, yellow otherwise
- Windows 7: When hovering over the eMule taskbar button (connect/disconnect/throttle/unthrottle/open preferences)
- Windows 7: Overlay icon on the eMule taskbar button indicating active up- and downloads (disabled by default, enable by ini entry "ShowUpDownIconInTaskbar=1").
- Tweaked uploadcode to significantly increase the possible uploadspeed per slot especially on LANs, making eMule more suitable for those
- Changed Kad to work better in small LANs.
- Added a new graph to the Kad window, which lets you watch each Kad lookup in detail. For non-Devs this is just for fun, you don't need to worry about anything shown there. A detailed explanation of the graph can be found in the onlinehelp.
- Added a new dockable toolbar to the transfer dialog. The buttons resemble the context menu options, but making them accessible easier and faster. The toolbar can be removed by right clicking on it and shown again by selecting context menue option of the downloadlist
- Switched the eMule fileidentifiers from ED2k-Hash + Size to ED2k-Hash + AICH-Hash + Size. This means eMule is now using two hashing algorithms combined (based on MD4 and SHA1) to verify if a received part (and eventually the comlete files) is not corrupt
- The shared files dialog has now a tab selector, letting you choose to view the statistics,(reduced versions of) the content, ed2k-link or metadata info for the selected file(s)
- Reworked the upload code and implemented better IO handling, which allows eMule to more efficiently handle high bandwidth lines, utilizing the full upload capacity (which means others can download faster)
- Optional HTTPS protocol in Web Interface will protect remote control sessions
- Added: mp4, mkv and ogg quick verification (thanks to Enig123)
- IRC tabs - each tab now has a separate input and autocomplete
- Added magnet links, basic parsing (file name, length, hash, AICH hash and sources)
- Certificates for HTTPS may be created in Options
- Support for searching collections in the web interface